Sample Simplified Contract
from lawdudes.com and other resources
THIS CONTRACT for the services of the music and/or entertainment described below made this __th day of __________, 2_____, between the undersigned Purchaser/Venue of music and/or entertainment (hereinafter called the Purchaser) and the undersigned Artist(s) (plus any accompanying musicians and/or entertainers) as described below, an independent contractor(s), (hereinafter called the "Artist").
The Purchaser hereby engages the Artist and Artist hereby agrees to perform the engagement hereinafter provided with all of the terms and conditions herein set forth including those entitled "Additional Terms and Conditions":
1. NAME OF ARTIST(S)
NUMBER OF ARTIST(S) _____
2. PLACE OF ENGAGEMENT
3. ADDRESS OF ENGAGEMENT
4. DATE(S) OF ENGAGEMENT
5. HOURS OF ENGAGEMENT ______________ LOAD IN Time __________
6. TYPE OF ENGAGEMENT _______________
7. PRICE AGREED UPON, Guaranteed _______________
METHOD OF PAYMENT AS FOLLOWS
*DEPOSIT $___, Payable to Agent: ______________________________ with return of contract.
*If Not Applicable and agreed upon, check here ______
BALANCE $ ___________, Payable to the Artist in cash immediately upon conclusion of engagement.
IN CASE OF DEFAULT BY PURCHASER: In the event that the band's performance is cancelled by the venue/purchaser of such services, liquidated damages of the Artist will be the amount stated in BALANCE in Section 7, plus any reasonable attorney's fees and court costs. Deposit will be retained by AGENT for services performed.
8. SOUND PROVIDED BY ___________ LIGHTS PROVIDED BY __________
9. BREAKS: Duration Agreed Upon by the venue and artists _____________
10. GUIDELINES FOR PRIVATE PARTIES: Band members and personnel should refrain from eating or drinking on the premises of all private parties unless invited to do so by Purchaser. No guest of Artist(s) are permitted without the consent of the Purchaser.
11. THE PURCHASER shall at all times have complete supervision, direction, and control over the services of Artist(s) on this engagement and expressly reserves the right to control the manner, means, and details of the performance of the services by Artist as well as the ends to be accomplished. The leader shall, as agent of the Purchaser, enforce disciplinary measures for just cause, and carry out instructions as to the selection and manner of performance.
12. THE ARTIST, leader, manager, or representative of the Artist(s) agrees and guarantees to pay ____ % percent of the agreed price $ _______ (Section 7 above) for personal services, along with telephone/postage expense rendered and incurred in this transaction to AGENT. This commission is due and payable when all parties have signed this Contract
13. THE AGREEMENT of the Artist to perform is subject to proven detention by sickness, accidents, riots, strikes, epidemics, acts of God, or any other legitimate conditions beyond their control.
14. THIS CONTRACT constitutes the sole, complete, and binding agreement between the Artist(s) and the Purchaser. AGENT and its employees act only as agent, consultant or manager, and assumes no responsibility or liability as between the Purchaser and the Artist(s). Covenants herein contained between said Artist(s), their leader, manager or representative and AGENT are intended to be binding as between said Artist(s), their leader, manager or representative and AGENT.
15. MEMBERS OF UNIONS OR GUILDS, which may include leader and members of this unit, agree to accept sole responsibility for complying with the rules and regulations of said unions or guilds of which they may be members.
16. ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
See Attached Rider if any.